21 August 2014

Writing update & new Whitman reading

This is just a brief entry that I am writing to myself, in order to make up for the fact that it's been a little while since I last spoke to me here. In this entry, I will find an update on my bookmaking progress, which I assume will fascinate me, if I bother to read it. And I think that this entry also contains a handwriting sample that demonstrates both the legibility of my penmanship as well as the stability of my character. Oh yes (thanks for reminding me), lastly there is a recording of my voice reciting a poem by Walt Whitman.

Writing update

I took the last few days off to work on my 2nd text collection. I’ve been writing seriously for about the last 10 years, and my efforts have resulted in a number of small books, which, for the sake of simplicity, I’m now trying to round up into just 3 volumes. So far, only the 1st is finished: it’s my so-called religious book. The 2nd volume will contain my nonsense books, and the 3rd will collect all of the shorter texts that I’ve sprinkled everywhere.

Handwriting sample:

A reading

Below, I tried to embed my new reading of the poem "From Pent-Up Aching Rivers" by Walt Whitman; but I'm not good at embedding things, so, if it doesn't show, you can click here to visit its address directly. (I neglected to provide the text of the poem, out of sheer laziness.)

More from Bryan Ray