23 September 2014

Some words, a poetry reading, & a beat

Here is a brief post containing three things: (1) a cluster of words resembling sentences; (2) a recording of me reciting a very short poem by Walt Whitman; and (3) the new "furniture beat" that I made, which is a lazy experiment in digital sampling.

1. A cluster of something like sentences

The reason that she has all these weapons stored up under the couch cushions is that she assumed she'd be drinking a lot more alcohol this afternoon.

Maybe we should be thankful that Jove is not aware of us. Maybe if he learned of our existence, he would call the exterminating angel.

We're quickly approaching existence's ultimate mystery.

Now I can use my pirate sword to stab fruit.

I swear my clock ticks backwards sometimes, just to mess with me.

When you write words, you feel like the letters are all staring at you.

I will hit no bumps in no road.

Fear itself, fear itself, thank god almighty I'm fear itself.

 


 

2. A short poem that I read

In case the player does not appear below, here's the direct link.

3. "Furniture Beat 000004" is ready to be ignored

In case the player does not appear below, here's the direct link.

More from Bryan Ray