22 October 2014

Record covers made by pure chance

Back when the old social network was bare and functional (as opposed to barely functional, as it is today), I had fun posting a lot of stupid things. Since my intention is never to use the place again, I've been slowly but surely archiving my past postings. Some of the stuff that I posted seems to be neither worth saving nor deserving of permanent deletion – when I run across stuff like this, I think to myself, "Hey, why not feed this stuff to the blog – that blog will eat anything." So I'm feeding the following fodder to my blog.

Explanation:

Below are a number of pictures. They are supposed to be record covers for nonexistent music groups whose names, album titles, and even cover photos were chosen by chance alone. A simple set of instructions telling how to create such record covers was circulated on the old social network as a form letter – these are the steps that I followed to make each image:

  1. Go to "Wikipedia.org" and click "random." The title of the first article to appear is the name of your band.
  2. Go to "QuotationsPage.com" and click "random quotes". The last four or five words of the very last quote on the page is the title of your album.
  3. Go to "Flickr.com" and click on "explore". The third picture to appear, no matter what, is your album cover.

Record covers made by pure chance:

(I have no idea why I created so many; but I vaguely recall being bored that day.)

More from Bryan Ray