21 May 2016

Just one very small thought

And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept… (Genesis 2:21)

How fine would it feel to be put to sleep by the LORD? I wonder what kind of dreams I would have… It confuses me to hear famous princes speak of craving dreamless sleep: I love to dream. Of course I dislike scary dreams, nightmares; but I’d gladly put up with an occasional terror for the sake of the pleasure that the rest of my dreams give to me. Most of my dreams are electric, strange, and amatory. I once had a dream where I met a youth of my exact age, whose presence (we did not exchange a word) instilled me with a surge of friendship that even to this present hour elates my heart. And sometimes I dream about telling my parents off.

No comments:

More from Bryan Ray