22 February 2018

Does it matter what I title this one?

Dear diary,

Some writers send their writing out to periodicals & publishers, in hopes that these places will accept it & print it. I’ve never attempted to submit my writing to anyone; but, for about one second, I did consider doing so. I investigated the process just enough to read the submission guidelines at a couple of avant-garde magazines, but then I said: Forget it. Writing is fun, but submitting what one has written is a tedious chore.

So I admire all writers who send their writing out to professional readers and editors, etc.—that’s hard to do. It’s like cutting your own heart out of your body.

Actually, no: mailing a manuscript to a publisher is not as hard as vivisecting yourself. But it is like setting up a booth at the local fair to show off livestock that you raised in your own apartment. And some people actually use their phone’s camera to take nude self-portraits and then they apply a filter to make the result look like an oil painting; then they silkscreen this onto blank playing cards...

I remember reading one particular set of submission guidelines: it used the phrase “family and friends”—I don’t remember the exact wording, but the point was something like “Just because your family and friends say they admire your writing doesn’t mean it’s good enough to print in our publication.” The insinuation is that a writer’s family and friends will love that writer’s work as a matter of course: it is expected that one’s family and friends will be biased in support of one’s endeavors. This made me think about my own family and friends, and about their opinions on my artistic experiments. Are they biased in my favor? Do they like what I write? No and no. None of my family or friends have ever read anything, not even one book; thus, they are not interested in what I have written. May they all rot in hell.

Yeah, we live in a stupid world. A bad place. It’s like a nursery filled with bratty children. The adult supervisor sits in the room next to the nursery, keeping no watch on the children but only barely listening – this supervisor, whose name is Mr. God, will only arise from his rocking chair and go to check on the brats if the racket that they’re making exceeds a certain loudness. When this happens, old nanny Mr. God stomps into the nursery and yells “What’s the problem!” And the scene looks like this:

In a back corner of the playroom, one single brat has commandeered all the toys up into his cage, and he won’t let any of the other kids near to touch them; and all the rest of the kids are lying scattered throughout the nursery, weeping and toyless.

That’s exactly what our world has always been like. Except there’s no nanny.

I’ve never asked any of my family and friends what they think about the fact that I write. (Again, I could only ask them their opinion on the fact of my writing’s existence, NOT its contents, because they’re post-literate.) But I can guess what they’d say. They’d say: “O you’re SO smart and you possess SUCH a knack for expressing yourself, language-wise; but I just can’t see why you don’t go to school and get properly trained.”

Now this gets my goat. I’m all for nurture (“proper training”) BUT it must be given at the right time; and since I didn’t receive such guidance in my youth, I’m left relying on NATURE ALONE. I assume the best case would be to get lucky with NURTURE AS WELL. Yet now is not the right time to begin the learning process. Now it’s too late to learn.

You say it’s never too late to learn? OK I’ll elaborate. Just remember, you asked for it...

What I’m trying to say is that I lucked out in the nature department, since I love to expend my energies on art & literature; but I’m sorely lacking in the nurture department, since the parents, teachers, counselors & guardians of my youth all failed: they did not say, “This child is the future, so let’s pay attention to his proclivities, in order to steer him toward the schooling that will best align him with society’s paradigms.” Instead, anyone who had an opportunity to boost my development neglected to do so; thus I’m left having run to seed, like an untended plant—and I know my branches, my leaves, my flowers are unruly: I’m a wild growth. “The pure products of America / go crazy...” (—William Carlos Williams: Spring and All)

So now I’m left with a choice: Either exert great effort to mitigate my inherent waywardness, or FLAUNT this weird-wrong weed. If I choose the former, I’ll be wasting a lot of effort to achieve a state that can’t be better than second-rate; therefore I choose the latter, and try to represent (re-present) as “beautiful” that which society condemns as “strange”.

But can something misshapen be rendered shapely via confidence alone?

Thank goodness society is willing and able to change. That’s how one generations’s outlaws become the next generations’s exemplars.

I’m just trying to explain why my compositions look so goofy. They are unorganized where they “should be” organized… tight where they “should be” loose… nice where they “should be” mean… true where they “should be”…

The truth is that my words are never true.

But I do wonder often: Is it better for me to continue breaking down, to continue melting away the matter before me, like an acid that eats thru whatever it touches? have I gone far enough with primitivism, have I attained the barbaric sweet-spot? Should I leave off charging forth heedlessly and instead begin to hover around this dominion? There’s a time to break down, but there’s also a time to build up. Or is there? I like to align myself with life. Doesn’t life seem perpetually to continue building up? Breaking down is no part of life; that’s the business of death. Or rather it’s what one life does to another: it’s the act of the eater—but the life that is eaten, a wild weed for instance, does not merely remain in the broken-down state: it gets rearranged, revised, and built up into another’s life; so parts of the weed become a little lamb, and likewise the lamb becomes a living lion—at least fragments thereof…

Yet life needs prolonged stability to develop. Too-rapid change kills complex life and leaves only the boring bugs or tiny simpletons like single cells that know nothing but how to whip their tail all day (they can’t compose poetry). I want to play a part in increasing life’s complexity, its depth, its onward-outward potential. If my art is too much like acid, or too much like a radioactive wasteland, it’ll turn off minds that desire to build; it will only appeal to…

Nonthinkers. They’re the target audience for retinal art. I’m taking a concept from Marcel Duchamp: my understanding is that he labeled as “retinal art” any painting that pleased the eye (the retina) while offering zero intellectual nutriment, that is: any visual that looks good/ neat/ fascinating (fill in the positive term of your choice) but contains little or no IDEAS.

Now I wonder: Is there retinal art in the realm of pure text? Perhaps the medium of text is naturally resistant to vapidity, because even “word salad” or an uninspired narrative exist in the imagination and are essentially non-visceral.

Why does the concept of visceral seem so distasteful? I don’t know; I just don’t like it. Visceral, to me, means being trapped in the jungle and having to remain alert thru every atom of your body so as to remain alive. I’d rather lounge in an easy chair and have all my needs met like Mr. God so that I can dream up better jungles. Visceral means being the character in the story; I’d rather be the player than what is played. But admittedly I’m considering only a narrow spectrum of that buzzword’s possible meanings: that’s the maddening pleasure of language: it’s all metaphorical; so a word like visceral can refer to phenomena “of the body” which I dislike because I’m uncomfortable with physicality; yet everything body-related can be employed as a trope for mental things, so the term visceral can also indicate “holy intuition” or “primeval instinct”. I’m all for that! (Those last two phrases are synonymous.)

Can you feel it? This is where music happens, do you understand what I’m saying? In your guts! In your organs!

as Officer Duke explains in the film Wrong Cops (2013).

*

So what have I learned from writing today’s blog entry? I learned that it’s OK to eat meat that has been sacrificed to idols, because idols are un-alive: the only true living divinity resides in one’s mind—the imagination is wholly inward—but since an idol is something to be imagined, any meat that is sacrificed to it poses a genuine threat to the partaker: so it’s better to avoid meat that’s been sacrificed to idols after all; except if fellow worshipers are dining with you, whose awareness is less advanced than yours: in this case, you should indeed consume the idol-cursed meat, since to eschew it might lead your companions to believe that such idols actually do exist somewhere out there—on earth, in the heavens, or under the water—whereas your unconcerned consumption of this meat will prevent your attendants from lending credence to superstition and thus the idols shall remain safely unborn.

And if you’re trapped on a planet of ice—it’s just an ice-ball floating thru space—and you’ve lived here for more than ten thousand generations, and all that you’ve ever eaten is the flesh of goats, because the planet’s landscape consists of nothing but barren mountains with hollow caves everywhere, and there’s a goat hiding at the back of each cave, sadly waiting to die (in one of his sketches, which I read today, Turgenev mentions Defoe’s novel Robinson Crusoe; that’s why this cave business is on my mind), so you feel that it’s justifiable to slay the goat, since this will put the poor creature out of its agony, and then you eat its flesh, hoping that you don’t get infested with whatever illness was its downfall…

Now imagine that an alien species of articulate super-crabs lands on your ice-ball planet. Being extremely intelligent, they are able to learn your language in an instant; so they greet you peacefully and ask if they might make some paintings of you, using your tundra’s landscape as backdrop: “Would you mind posing with some of your goats in front of yon ice-caves?” For the entirety of this crab nation’s existence is spent traveling the galaxies and making paintings of all the planets and beings that they discover.

So you trap them all in crab traps and then cook one crab in a big pot and eat its crab legs.

What happens next? Does your body accept or reject this new cuisine? Is the change from goat to crab a bridge too far? Do you die as if poisoned? (For your system has thrived on goat flesh since time immemorial; thus this sudden change of provender might prove overwhelming.) Or do you enjoy a sharp boost in mental capacity from this newfangled super-food? Let’s ask a dietitian…

A fiend who has subsisted for eons on nothing but meat that’s been sacrificed to crab-shaped idols will most likely reject the flesh of an actual crab. And by flesh I mean body and blood. But the good news—or gospel—is that the ailment suffered by our ice-ball inhabitant is psychological in nature and thus able to be alleviated with a placebo.

This entry went nowhere.

P.S.

Here’s another old rap demo that I got my friend to produce on his computer. It’s called “Part 2” because it uses the same wooden, lazy chorus that I coaxed my friend (“MCB’s Producer”) to voice on the track that I shared in yesterday’s postscript which is titled “Part 1”.

https://bryanray444.tumblr.com/post/171185296421/uninspired-demo-recorded-in-2004-i-wrote-said

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bryan, my name's Dave and I came across your youtube channel--and subsequently your blog--last night in the early hours of the morning after inhaling quite a bit of a new (to me) strain of weed with my girlfriend. The ritual of smoking weed was something my girlfriend and I partook in in an effort to assuage our recent relationship wounds.

Anyway.

I immediately identified my own voice in both your auditory and written works. It startled me with happiness. And your anti-poetic ideations regarding church mirror my own.

The purpose of this comment is simply to spark an initial correspondence with you. I sense a kindred artistic spirit, and believe me I know how corny and dick-ridey that sounds (urge to write 'haha' in case you bristle at 'dick-ridey').

One of the most purely annoying traits of one-dimensional religious people is how they project divine meaning onto occurrences of personally favorable serendipity. But, I have to say that coming across your writing and works was in fact an occurrence of personally favorable serendipity, and in that particular moment there is a glimmer of that ideal Church concept you spoke of in that Christmas eve post.(Had to capitalize the C there to make the red line fuck off.)

Oh yeah! The main reason why stumbling upon your works felt so marvelously coincidental (aside from still reeling from the pleasure of THC inhalation) was that I have mused many times that my authorial pseudonym would be Brian ("would be" because of the exact topics you write of in this Feb. 22 blog post). But then I saw the spelling of your name and something snapped into place where I thought, "I like that spelling much better." Also, my favourite Sailor Scout when I was a child, and the one I had a helpless crush on, was Sailor Mars, real name Ray.

M.P. Powers said...

Your question of visceral vs. non-visceral calls to mind a line I just read (last night) in Joyce's A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

"The artist, like the God of creation, remains within or behind or beyond or above his handiwork, invisible, refined out of existence, indifferent, paring his fingernails -"

I'm sure you've heard this line before. It's one of his more famous ones, and rightfully... tho I don't take it as Bible. There are times I think where there is nothing more refreshing to the soul than when the artist is as much of a character as he is paring his fingernails in the backdrop... I would even argue that some of Turgenev's stories are like that, and you can't get much better than him where artistry is concerned. But that said, ARTISTIC ARREST, and the aesthetic, which Joyce touts in another, earlier passage, is always something to strive for and consider.

Anyway, great post as usual. I think you should keep doing what you're re: flaunting your wierd-wrong weededness. The quickest way to mediocrity is by conforming with the status quo.

Bryan Ray said...

Thanks for bearing with my bad comment format here – I always write too much because I’m like an overeager puppy… & unfortunately not only is there a limit on the characters allowed in each individual reply (why would they do that!?!?) BUT ALSO there’s no way to distinguish which reply is for who…

So I’ll just have to do my best—I’ll attempt to affix clear labels to my babblings…

(tho feel free to read each & all of my outpourings as if they were addressed to you yes you, whoever you are…)

Bryan Ray said...

Dear Dave, I echo back your own phrase to you & say it startled me with happiness that THE LORD GOD led you to find me here online (& yes I’ll add: hahaha)!! And it’s doubly pleasant that HE did so by means of holy weed.

I’m eager to know anyone who can tolerate, let alone relate to these views that I so carelessly cast about here, especially those that I harbor about church & religion, for I tend to reap either one of two reactions: antagonism or eye-rolling. People seem, on principle, to be against wondering beyond timeworn bounds, OR they deem it all a laborious waste. So this dominion that values creative thought for the sake of its being creative can be a lonely place. As Blake always sez: Wisdom is sold in the desolate market where none come to buy.

Having cited that line from The Four Zoas, I want immediately to disclaim that I don’t mean to paint myself as wise: on the contrary, it’s precisely my LACK that makes me hunger & thirst for wisdom. …Then when I find I’m in a sparsely populated zone, I can only assume that I’m “getting warm” (the flames of hell DO give off heat); this checks out with what I’ve been told to expect.

By the way, since we live in this era dominated (still!) by religious contention, I don’t think it’s too silly to state clearly what might have already been obvious: I like nothing more than to change my mind; but currently, and for a while now, my own views align most with Walt Whitman’s “Song of Myself” and William Blake’s The Marriage of Heaven and Hell. Central to my stance as a thinker & writer is the statement from that latter work, where religious priesthood is defined as “Choosing forms of worship from poetic tales.” This is why I love to read the so-called holy scriptures of various religions, not excepting Christianity (the net that I myself was born into, alas), yet to judge them freely, according to the sovereignty of my own mind, to accept or reject the ideas that I find in these scriptures.

To me, all of religion is a subsection of poetry—or maybe instead of poetry I should say “imaginative writing” since I don’t mean to make any fuss about verse vs. prose: religion is what results when poetry is held hostage by dogmatists.

When you say “I sense a kindred artistic spirit”—this delights me: I wholly welcome the thought. It’s well known that the Internet, especially this or that social network, tends to draw out the negative critical bent in people – people love to hate – and, for a long time, I’ve lamented this fact; so I am all for injecting as much positivity, as much appreciation into this electronic environment as possible. All we can do is set an example with our own conduct. Since, at present, the pendulum of behavior is lodged too far in the direction of fearful tribalism, I myself will gladly even engage in acts that ARE “corny” or “dick-ridey”, if it helps to swing matters heart-ward. To be clear, your words come off as friendly not sycophantic. And if I myself were faced with an obscure choice, I’d rather err on the side of flattery than to be guilty of wrongly reviling another’s genius.

What I’m trying to say is: I thank you for daring to be kind!

[This was PART THE FIRST of a 3-part comment…]

Bryan Ray said...

[to Dave, 2 of 3]

Ah and I can’t thank you enough for the generous response that you give regarding my Christmas eve debacle. That was the worst night I’ve had in a long time; so it’s beautiful to realize that, by my simply deigning to note down (rather than act upon) several frustrations, your own intellect got ignited; it’s rare that a message-in-a-bottle gets found and uncorked!—for me, this alone offsets the foulness of that event. What was base, together we have sublimated. And when you say that you detect in this moment “a glimmer of that ideal Church concept” that I spoke of: this is music to my mind.

& re: “Had to capitalize the C there to make the red line fuck off,” which I assume refers to the busybody automatic spellchecker, I second the notion: May all red lines fuck off.

I’m glad that you mention the concept of pen names: I’m intrigued by these kinds of decisions (to name oneself! It’s like you get to become your very own parents!) there’s something artistic and imaginative about it. For similar reasons, I love all talk of masks, false identities, espionage, etc… So I’m overjoyed to learn that you were at least intending to use the name Brian, and that you like the alt-spelling that I happened to have been born with (it’s true: that name was given to me by my pops; he named me after his buddy from the army, who likewise spelled his name with a Y—and I’ll tell about my own former self-styled alias in a moment).

I hope that you do either avail yourself of a pseudonym, or perhaps fix upon a symbol (as did the pop star “formerly known as” Prince), or that you even begrudgingly settle on your own birth-name, so long as you have some mark with which to sign your compositions: for the important thing is to NEVER CEASE THE MENTAL FIGHT (you probably know I’m quoting Blake again in all-caps: by “mental fight” I mean creative work in the realm of text—I believe this endeavor is of the utmost importance: it’s the divine calling of every reluctant atheist). I myself chose to self-publish because I hate what corporate profit-driven publishing has done to experimental literature, and I feared that if I attempted to woo the marketplace, I’d curb too much of my potential weirdness unconsciously (in case you haven’t gathered, I hold weirdness as a virtue). And if you hate the marketplace as much as I do, I hope you consider that, unlike the stigmatized former days of self-publishing, now the new “digital” options require zero investment, so nothing stands in your way… (that is, of course, if you haven’t yet published – I’m sorry for being presumptuous: I often go off half-cocked. If you have a blog or books or recordings of your own, lemme know where they’re at.) Don’t allow the doorkeeper from Kafka’s famous parable inform you, when you’re at your own end, “No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it.”

Also let me stress that I’m not AGAINST any other type of distribution: I chose self-publishing because my heroes did so—Blake, Whitman, not to mention the divinely non-publishing Dickinson—so if you have the courage and stamina to face the big-name professional houses, I wish you all the luck there: perhaps someday I might still try my hand at joining forces with that sector. – I’m just trying to trumpet encouragement: I’m all for the diversity of new and many voices—to replenish a Whitmanian democracy in the arts.

[With apologies for my longwindedness, I will try to wrap this up in the next installment...]

Bryan Ray said...

[To Dave, 3 of 3]

Pardon the sermon! I’m a madman when it comes to the future of artistic possibility…

Yeah & when I first started sharing my own writings with a wider audience, I utilized the pen name TERTIUS RADNITSKY. (I’ve been Facebook-free for years now, but that was also my account name on THEE Social Network.) The name stemmed in part from my love for dada and surrealism: one artist associated with those art movements, Man Ray (you probably know this), was born Emmanuel Radnitzky—as I said above, I myself was born Bryan Ray; so, when I chose my pseudonym, I stole HIS last name because he stole MINE. And the first name of my alias came from the biblical book of Romans (16:22) “I Tertius, who wrote this epistle, salute you…” Since my spiritual nemesis St. Paul dictated this book called Romans to his amanuensis, by using that same name Tertius I claim for myself the status of Holy Ghostwriter.

(After a quick search of my own blog, I realize that I gave an explanation of my old pen name here. I know it’s arrogant to link to one’s own works; but permit me this one simple pleasure—none of my blogging is monetized; so now I have my reward.)

Goodness gracious I wrote way too much: please take that as a compliment: your message excited me. Well I hope that you receive this reply in full, even tho my site here has the clunkiest comment interface ever. PEACE BE UNTO YOU!!

Bryan Ray said...

[Now here’s 1 of 2 to my main man M.P. POWERS::::]

And to my distinguished colleague the respected poet and fellow novelist M.P. Powers I say: That quote from Portrait is dear to my heart. I didn’t know you were rereading Joyce’s book! It just happens that the very first two classic novels I ever read were that one by Joyce and then Crime and Punishment by our friend ol’ Dosty, which latter title gave me exactly 77 anxiety attacks.

It’s extra interesting that you mention this particular quote in this regard, because Joyce has always fascinated me with his relation to his book’s characters—more than most authors, he seems to “draw from life” starting with the short stories of Dubliners; then in Portrait I always sense that he’s using Stephen as his stand-in; but then in Ulysses he splits himself between Stephen and Poldy, so he’s like his own begotten son AND his own father—it seems to me that his coldness goes to the former and his warmth instills the latter: Leopold Bloom is one of the most humane characters in literature—and finally Joyce ends up, in Finnegans Wake, at least as mortal human author, just like the quote you give: “refined out of existence”.

Yeah, when I think about it, although I love it, I’m not sure that this last way is the best way, or the most pleasing way for the reader. I assume this is what you mean when you say about the quoted passage “I don't take it as Bible”. I think, in Joyce’s case at least, I like him best when he is split into Stephen and Poldy (or more). The boldly defined personalities, and their interactions with each other, is most satisfying.

All this talk of authorial identity brings to mind what is said about Shakespeare’s relation to his character Hamlet in the library scene (9: Scylla & Charybdis)…

*

The play begins. A player comes on under the shadow, made up in the castoff mail of a court buck, a wellset man with a bass voice. It is the ghost, the king, a king and no king, and the player is Shakespeare who has studied Hamlet all the years of his life which were not vanity in order to play the part of the spectre. He speaks the words to Burbage, the young player who stands before him beyond the rack of cerecloth, calling him by a name:

Hamlet I am thy father’s spirit

bidding him list. To a son he speaks, the son of his soul, the prince, young Hamlet and to the son of his body, Hamnet Shakespeare who has died in Stratford that his namesake may live for ever.
     Is it possible that that player Shakespeare, a ghost by absence, and in the vesture of buried Denmark, a ghost by death, speaking his own words to his own son’s name (had hamnet Shakespeare lived he would have been prince Hamlet’s twin) it is possible, I want to know, or probable that he did not draw or forsee the logical conclusion of those premises: you are the dispossessed son: I am the murdered father: your mother is the guilty queen, Ann Shakespeare, born Hathaway?

*

Where this ends, speculating about the queen, isn’t my main interest. I like the “Before Abraham was, I AM” quality to all this.

[goddamn (which I just fixed after misspelling it goddmann) I must chop this up into two parts therefore it is with umpteen heavens of reluctance that I announce TO BE CONTINUED…]

Bryan Ray said...

[Pt. 2 of 2 to my mellow my fellow M.P. POWERS]

And how wondering about Shakespeare’s relation to the ghost & Hamlet merges & mixes with one’s wondering about Joyce’s relation to Stephen & Poldy Bloom. And you have that passage near the end of the novel, in Nighttown (15: Circe)…

*

LYNCH
(Points.) The mirror up to nature. (He laughs.) Hu hu hu hu hu hu.

(Stephen and Bloom gaze in the mirror. The face of William Shakespeare, beardless, appears there, rigid in facial paralysis, crowned by the reflection of the reindeer antlered hatrack in the hall.)

SHAKESPEARE
(In dignified ventriloquy.) ’Tis the loud laugh bespeaks the vacant mind. (To Bloom.) Thou thoughtest as how thou wastest invisible. Gaze. (He crows with a black capon’s laugh.) Iagogo! How my Oldfellow chokit his Thursdaymomum. Iagogo.

BLOOM
(Smiles yellowly at the whores.) When will I hear the joke?

*

Those words that Joyce gives Shakespeare to speak from the mirror to Joyce’s own alter-ego Leopold Bloom “Thou thoughtest as how thou wastest invisible…” recall the very quote you give from Joyce’s own earlier book: “The artist, like the God of creation, remains within or behind or beyond or above his handiwork, invisible…”

I have no point in mentioning all this, beyond basking in beloved passages; I just find it beguiling!

& you mention Turgenev, who I’m learning to love as much as Shakespeare. You say “There are times I think where there is nothing more refreshing to the soul than when the artist is as much of a character as he is paring his fingernails in the backdrop… I would even argue that some of Turgenev’s stories are like that…” YES: even as I was reading your comment, before arriving at it, his name was already on my mind, because we just finished a sketch of his today which is the perfect example of the CHARM of the author overtly invading his story as a character: T actually goes a step further and draws the READER into the story alongside of him! The piece is titled “Tatyana Borisovna and her Nephew”—you’ll recall that it divides pretty neatly into 2 parts (tho the text continues freely without delineating any formal shift), each dealing with one of the titular personages. The “Tatyana” portion of this sketch is one of my favorite parts yet. It begins like so:

Give me your hand, dear reader, and come with me…

Then Turgenev describes adeptly in detail the sights, as he basically walks you to this lovely woman’s home. The only other time I can recall an author so directly confronting the reader is in Whitman’s best poems—he does it here & there, to great effect (he often asserts questions as if he’s sitting right before you) but the time that comes to mind at present is the beginning of “Song of Myself”, where he says:

Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?

Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of all poems


O god & this breaking-thru-the-boundary-of-space-and-time pervades much Whitman’s “Crossing Brookly Ferry” which I love… here’s just a snippet from sec. 7:

Closer yet I approach you,
What thought you have of me now, I had as much of you [
]

Who knows but I am enjoying this?
Who knows, for all the distance, but I am as good as looking at you now, for all you cannot see me?


& also “This Living Hand” by John Keats. Direct address, the eerie mysterious feeling that there’s a still-conscious force behind the text.

I know that what I veered towards here is a little different, a bit more severe than the question of whether, as an author, one “keeps oneself in” or “effaces oneself from” one’s story, and to what degree, etc.—but I couldn’t help myself; I got excited… “Enough! or Too much.”

Thanks for your constant friendship & care & support for my wrong-way writings! Thru this mirror, I’ll let Walt ventriloquize the last word:

Whimpering and truckling fold with powders for invalids, conformity goes to the fourth-remov'd,
I wear my hat as I please indoors or out.

More from Bryan Ray