19 October 2014

Uninteresting text, uninteresting image

Humankind didn't always possess the luxury of the Internet. In ages past, humans would need to learn how to use a tennis racket if they wanted to smack the ball out of the park. Today I went for a walk in my old neighborhood, by which I mean the neighborhood where I lived when I was shorter. That neighborhood is a real place that is positively swarming with real people. Also, the Internet has all sorts of functionality. Ages ago, if you wanted to become a religious leader, you'd probably have to move out into the desert for a while. One thing that I love about social networks is that they allow us all to keep in touch. If I didn't participate in a social network or two, I might be just another hermit raving in the wilderness. At present, I can type into a box and my words will be seen by a number of people. (Examples of numbers of people are twelve and thirty-three.) New networks are popping up every single day here online, too — now that's what I call a system of checks and balances. Because if one network abuses its power, everyone will automatically leave that network and join one that is acting almost ethically. It's human nature. Everyone knows what is good for her or him — that's the presumption. And, if you own a pet, you care for it diligently. Perhaps a star is shining at the moment, not yet burnt out. To my knowledge, dust has not lost its ability to accumulate; and my guess is that roadkill exists for a certain span of time. Some things are labeled; some things are sold; some things are mislabeled; some things are given unclear labels; some things are strangely considered too good to be sold.

P.S.

Here are two readings that I did since my last posting; they're from John Ashbery's Girls on the Run: Section 4 and Section 6. Also, I finished three more Furniture Beats: 000022 is robot music to jerk back & forth to; 000023 celebrates my hatred of slow tempos; and 000024 is for those who like to move rigidly from side to side.

More from Bryan Ray